My Book Turns One!

*I haven't been very active on social media lately. I caught a terrible stomach bug and was sick most of the week. I'm feeling a little better now, though I'm taking a few more days off to be sure.*

One year ago today, I self-published my debut novel, THE GIRL WHO WALKED THROUGH FIRE. I did everything myself: the editing, the cover design, and the marketing. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it!


Since then, it's sold over 800 copies, introduced me to wonderful readers and writers, and taught me a lot about the publishing industry.

I self-published it because I believed in the story, and I wanted to give other people a chance to read it. I'm very glad I did! I don't regret going the self-publishing route at all.

This time next year, I'll be holding my traditionally published novel in my hands. If it weren't for THE GIRL WHO WALKED THROUGH FIRE, I probably wouldn't know half the stuff I do now.

Deciding to publish it on March 1st, 2018 wasn't a random date. It's my cat's birthday! He passed away in August of 2017, and my books had already been written by then. I wanted to do something special to honor Buddy, so I decided to release my debut novel on his upcoming birthday and dedicate the novel to him.

Buddy would be fifteen today, while my novel turns one. It's bittersweet for many reasons. In fact, I wrote all three novels in THE DRAGONWITCH CHRONICLES with my cat sleeping on my lap.

Here's a picture of my beloved old friend:




Happy Book Anniversary - and Happy Birthday, Buddy. I really miss you.

As always, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Dana

Comments

Popular Posts