Introducing my novella, DRIFTING DARKLY!

Camp NaNoWriMo is almost upon us! It begins July 1st and ends the 31st.

I'm excited! I've never taken part in the camp before, only the official NaNoWriMo in November. (The Camp also occurred in April, but I was too busy editing my novel trilogy to enter.)

Without further ado...

Meet my science fiction novella, DRIFTING DARKLY! (I made this cute little cover myself with Canva.)



Here's the official synopsis below:


"The spaceship Einstein, the first of its kind, left Earth with one mission: to find out what lies beyond our solar system. Led by a team of highly-trained professionals and a helpful virtual intelligence, everyone thought it would be a success.

But they were wrong. Six years later, the Einstein is stranded hundreds of miles from home. They've lost communication, navigation, and helm control. Everyone back on Earth believes they're dead. The worst part is, no one onboard can figure out why they're stuck.

While the hopeless crew has accepted their fate, Communications Officer Jan Barrett hasn't. Her investigation leads her to unravel the truth - that their ship's malfunctions were deliberate sabotage.

Someone onboard is keeping the Einstein adrift in space - and they have no intention of ever letting go..."

Yay! And the main character's last name is a reference to Majel Barrett, the First Lady of Star Trek. 

 I'm aiming for 30k words in 20 days. I'm excited to begin!

Tor, one of the largest science fiction publishers in the world, usually opens every year to unsolicited novellas. They've published famous novellas such as Binti and Murderbot. (Unfortunately, this year, they're too busy, but they hope to re-open to submissions in 2020.) I want to make sure my novella is ready to submit when the time comes!

Are you gearing up for Camp NaNoWriMo? Have you ever taken part before? I'd love to know!

As always, thanks for reading and happy writing!

Sincerely,

Dana

Comments

Popular Posts