2020 Life/Writing Update!

It's officially been one week since THE DARK QUEEN was released! My book baby is out in the world right now. I still can't believe it!

If you haven't picked up a copy yet, this is your reminder that it's available both as an e-book AND paperback! You can buy it online from Amazon, Lulu, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, iBooks, and more!

I've been pretty busy lately which has kept me away from my blog. I apologize for that, but I wanted to write a quick post and let you know what I've been up to!

My current projects:

-Writing the first draft of END OF THE VAMPIRES, my time travel historical romance novel. I usually write YA and MG, so it's fun to venture into the adult genre! I love a good challenge. I finished writing chapter twenty today. Only ten more to go before it's finished (and then the editing shall commence)!

-I just finished round one edits of the second novel in The Soulless War Trilogy -- the novel after THE DARK QUEEN. It's called THE DARK EVOLUTION, and I can't wait for you all to read the sequel!

-I'm also properly formatting all my manuscripts to show my agent in the future. Basically, I fix the font, indentation, cover page, etc. so it's easier on her to read and edit. Right now, I'm formatting EARTH'S CHAMPION. I can't wait to show it to her!

-Also regarding my agent, she's sending me the edits on JESSICA PRINCE AND THE CRIMSON CAPER, my YA mystery novel soon. Yay!

-After I'm finished writing END OF THE VAMPIRES (which should take me through to March), I'll be writing the first draft of my second novel in the JESSICA PRINCE mystery series. I can't wait to share more details on that!

What I'm reading:

-The Highly Sensitive Person by Dr. Elaine Aron. It's been a real godsend. I've suspected I'm a HSP for a long time, and it feels so good to read a book where that is celebrated instead of ridiculed. Check it out if you feel like you're an HSP or empath. Even introverts can benefit from the book's tips and tricks on how to survive in a very nosy, overcrowded world (that can get overwhelming, I know.)

-Twilight. I know, I'm a decade late, but I've finally gotten around to reading it (because I'm writing vampire fiction and want to see how other writers have done it.) I found the first part of the book slow, but it's really picked up in the last half. I'm almost finished so I'll know how I feel about it then.

-Tomorrow I'm starting a Hardy Boys mystery novel (also because I'll be writing mystery next month.) I love a good mystery, and the Hardy Boys are a classic!

To wind down, I've been playing DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION for the second time. (I played it the first time without the DLC's, so now I'm exploring all of them and making different choices.) My grandparents bought me a really strong gaming computer for Christmas, and it runs so smooth with the high definition games. I love the medieval era and magic so Dragon Age is right up my alley!

As you can see, I've been very busy -- but in a good way! I have a lot of secret projects I can't wait to show everyone. 2020 is off to a great start, and I hope yours has been good to you, too!

As always, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Dana




Comments

Popular Posts