The Complete Trilogy Is Available Now In One!

It's finally here!

I decided to combine all three books into one to make The Dragonwitch Chronicles omnibus. It's now available for FREE (yes, FREE!) on iBooks, Barnes and Noble, Chapters/Indigo, and Kobo!

Instead of having to download all three books, you can just download the omnibus! I'm making it FREE for the summer, so make sure to download it now!

Here's what the omnibus cover looks like:


To celebrate, I decided to share some facts about my fantasy trilogy, The Dragonwitch Chronicles. This may contain some SPOILERS, so read at your own risk!

1. Though the first book is titled "The Girl Who Walked Through Fire" now, it went through numerous name changes. At one point, it was called Guardians of Fire. Even the trilogy itself was named "Dragons, Knights, and Witches" until I decided on "The Dragonwitch Chronicles". Sounds catchier, right?

2. The main character, Elara Everly, was inspired by Joan of Arc - especially her resilience, bravery, and strength. In the first novel, Elara says "I'm not afraid. I was born to do this." That was a famous quote by Joan of Arc herself.

3. It was rejected over sixty times during the span of a year before I decided to self-publish it. Literary agents didn't want to represent it, but all of my readers love it! It's gotten some great reviews, which is really motivating!

4. I began writing the first novel at fifteen, but was too busy to continue due to school. Once I graduated at seventeen, I finished all three novels by the age of eighteen and self-published them at nineteen.

5. It was largely inspired by Dragon Age, one of my favorite video games. It shares similarities with its dragons, witches, and magic system!

6. One of the main characters, Tavia Montano, is actually pansexual. She was supposed to be a love interest for Elara, but fell in love with one of the other characters, David Caballero, instead. It's funny when the story goes in its own direction, isn't it? Sometimes, the characters make demands.

7. My favorite character is Fane Emrand, one of the dragons and Elara's guardian. I love his brooding, sensitive nature. Also, (SPOILERS!) I always knew he was going to die at the very end of the trilogy. It just felt natural.

8. The birthmark that Elara has on her arm - a dragon and a witch pentacle - was actually inspired by Wicca and ancient magic. I am fascinated by shamans, witchcraft, and the like. Here's how it looks in my mind, but it's up to you to decide as you read:


9. It was initially envisioned as a medieval story, but I thought adding some technology - like cars, cell phones, and television screens - would make it more interesting and unique. It's set on a different continent than ours called Galea, but we still share some similarities!

10. If the novels were ever turned into a film or a television series (a girl can dream, right?), I'd want Katherine McNamara to play Elara. She has the look that I envisioned for her - red hair and ivory skin, beautiful and deadly.


As always, I love to hear your thoughts about the trilogy! Did you read it? What did you like/dislike most? Having feedback is a great way to grow as a writer. I look forward to hearing from you!

Happy reading, everyone!

Sincerely,

Dana ☺️

Comments

Popular Posts