What's Next For Me? Future Projects and Update

Hello, readers!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I wanted to share with you what's been going on, and my future plans!

As you may know, I'm in the middle of writing a new trilogy. It's a young adult urban fantasy series, and it deals with an Underworld of soulless people with incredible powers.

The first novel, THE DARK QUEEN, is completely finished - I'm just editing and polishing it. (You won't believe how many typos I had to fix! Was I drunk when I first wrote this?)

I've been querying like crazy, trying to find it a literary agent. It's my dream to be traditionally published, and I can't stop now. I feel so close. I've been given lots of great advice from agents, and I've been implementing it to make my book even better.

Keeping myself busy, I've been working on its second book called THE DARK EVOLUTION. Then, I'll be working on the third and final entry called THE DARK ABYSS. It's really exciting!

In September, I plan to take a little break from novel writing and focus on my short stories and poetry submissions. Don't worry - I'll still be very active on social media! I have a bunch of short stories and poems that need to be edited, and a million ideas for new ones. I just wanted to finish this trilogy before I move on.

On October 7th 2018, I'll be turning twenty this year! (Can you believe it? The big 2-0! I feel much older than that.) During that month, I'll be working on my first adult science fiction novel called GENESIS HOTEL. I don't want to give too much away, but I have a really good feeling about it. The synopsis is pretty much Bladerunner meets Westworld.

Then in November, I'll be taking part in my very first NaNoWriMo! If you don't know what it is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. It happens every November, where you write every day for thirty days in pursuit of a 50,000 word novel. I have a few ideas for children's novels that could fit this word limit - the only difficult part is choosing which project to work on next!

From December 2018 to March 2019, my projects include an adult horror novel (with demons and selling your soul!) a young adult fantasy novel (with goblins!) and a young adult science fiction novel (which takes place on another planet!)

I have so many ideas and so little time! I'm going to be trying different genres to see what works best for me. The more novels I write, the better chance I have of 'striking gold' and finding a literary agent - and I'm excited to write new things!

Reminder: My debut trilogy, THE DRAGONWITCH CHRONICLES, is still FREE on iBooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Chapters/Indigo, and more! Why don't you check it out?

If you haven't already, I invite you to join me on Twitter @DanaGricken and Instagram @DanaGricken. I'm always looking to connect with readers and writers! I've made some great writer friends already!

See you next time, Blogger!

Sincerely,

Dana 💓

Comments

Popular Posts