Meet my latest novel, Ellathina!

I mentioned in a previous post that I was working on a new middle grade fantasy novel, titled ELLATHINA, this month.

Today, I'd like to share a little about it with you!

Here's the official synopsis (what I'll be querying agents with once it's done):


I made it myself in Canva 🙂

But yes, twelve-year-old Ellathina is the main character. She is one of the few humans in the town of Oasis, and many people struggle to accept her for being different.

I was bullied as a kid - mainly because I was awkward and shy, and always writing some story in the back of the class. I know what it's like to feel ostracized and humiliated.

ELLATHINA explores themes of bullying, self-discovery, accepting who you are, and finding where you belong.

Plus, it has many cool characters - like dragons, vampires, witches, and more. It's my favorite part of writing fantasy.

It's actually my FIRST middle grade fantasy. I wrote a middle grade mystery novel, THE GIFT GIVER, back in November 2018. It's currently being considered by several literary agents, so fingers crossed that one succeeds, too!

I have a good feeling about this story. As of today, I've written three chapters. I'm going up to 24 chapters in total - plus I'll need time to edit and polish the manuscript - so it'll take me two months to get it ready, but I'm very excited about it.

Readers, have you ever been bullied - as a kid or as an adult? What was your experience like, and how did you cope? I know I had terrible anxiety and PTSD after it happened, which still affects me to this day.

I want this novel to send a message to kids that it's okay to be different. You should embrace who you are, down to the last detail.

I'll keep you updated once it's completed and what the querying process is like.

As always, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Dana

Comments

Popular Posts