Update/My 12th Novel!

Hi all!

I've been pretty absent these past few weeks on my blog. I'm sorry about that! I've just been so busy lately.

Here's a little peek as to what's been going on....

-My novel, THE DARK QUEEN, which is set to be published next year (eep!) is finished with round one of editing. I just have a few finishing touches to add to it with my editor, and then it'll be off to the proofreader. Yay!

-I finished my first horror novel, PHOBIA. Also yay! I'm stepping aside for a week or two so I can come back to it with a fresh set of eyes for its editing. I had a lot of fun killing people. (Uh, fictional people, of course!)

-News that makes my heart REALLY happy: A literary agent requested the full manuscript and synopsis of my middle grade fantasy novel, ELLATHINA. Fingers crossed! I'm trying to have positive thoughts only. She seems like a really good match, and I hope my children's book impresses her enough to offer a publishing contract.

-I'm almost finished editing and formatting an animated series of mine called STAR GUIDES. It's like Star Trek: The Animated Series meets Scooby-Doo meets Adventure Time. I've written ten episodes and I'm very proud of it! I've already spoken with an animation company that wants to discuss it further this summer. Double yay! (My city is pretty big on animation, so I'm prepared to shop the series around for a little while to find the best home.)

-I've been working hard to improve my craft. I bought a bunch of books on writing at the bookstore, and I've been scouring the web for advice. I've been trying to eliminate passive voice, fix grammar mistakes - that sort of thing. It's never a bad idea to learn as much as you can! A doctor never stops researching new methods of medicine, and a writer should do the same.

-Currently, I'm plotting my next novel, JESSICA PRINCE AND THE CRIMSON CAPER. It's a young adult mystery novel.

Jessica Prince is a sixteen-year-old heiress who lives with her billionaire uncle, Henry, after her parents died mysteriously when she was younger. She gets to travel the world, and of course...mystery and sabotage happens! The first novel in the series takes place in Milan, when a fashion show goes wrong. A person in a red cape and hat sends a message signed as The Crimson Caper, and seeks to destroy the fashion designer's life.

(It's like a mix between Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie. I read a lot of those novels in preparation for my next one. It happens to be my 12th novel!)

Anyway, this was just a quick update on what my schedule looks like right now. I've been really busy, but it's been really fun, too!

As always, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Dana

Comments

Popular Posts