Meet WHAT SHE DESIRES, my young adult HORROR/THRILLER NOVEL!

That's right -- I'm working on a new book!

(Big surprise.)

With #CampNaNoWriMo over and completed, I'm turning my attention toward WHAT SHE DESIRES, a young adult horror/thriller novel.

This is an idea that's been floating around in my head for a while, and now I'm excited to pursue it. Here's the synopsis:

"What would you do if your favorite character came to life?


Sixteen-year-old Jane Morrison is obsessed with the male love interest in a cheesy romance novel. Carter Blaine is cool, attractive, romantic – and much to Jane’s disappointment, fictional…until his exact description shows up on her doorstep.

When the boy introduces himself to be Carter Blaine, Jane thinks it’s a prank – set up by one of the mean girls at school. But when everyone else is just as surprised and confused to see her with the hottest new guy in town, Jane goes along with it, relishing the attention.

But it isn’t long until she finds something wrong with Carter, other than the fact that he shouldn’t exist. He’s controlling, demanding, and aggressive. When he starts stalking her and threatening her best friend, she decides to find out why’s here – but the truth might be more sinister than she realizes…"

Pretty cool, right? It deals with dark magic, hexes, and selling your soul to the devil.

Ever since I finished my first horror novel, PHOBIA, in March/April, the genre has really grown on me. And PHOBIA has gotten a lot of love and requests from literary agents more than my other novels and genres, so maybe I'm on the right track?

I move into my new house later this month, so my progress on WHAT SHE DESIRES might be a little slow. But I'm determined to find all the time that I can to write this bad boy.

Let's do this!

Sincerely,

Dana

Comments

  1. Hi, sorry. I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this story, and I was wondering why it was taken off of Swoon Reads? Does that mean it's gonna be published, or...? (Sorry if I sound pushy; I'm just curious).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Danielle! I took my novel off Swoon Reads since I signed with a literary agent. She is currently representing my mystery novel, but she's interested in my other novels as well. I didn't want to leave it up since I intend to traditionally publish it. I'm so sorry I removed it so abruptly! I should've posted a note on my Swoon Reads profile explaining why. But thanks so much for your comment! It makes my writer heart happy to know you loved it so much. :) Thanks for reaching out and have a great day! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts