Meet my novel for NaNoWriMo, DREAMWEAVERS!

Can you believe it's already October? Or PREPtober, I should say.

This is the month where writers planning to take part in NaNoWriMo -- writing a 50,00 word book in one month -- prepare their novels. Pretty exciting!

I'm currently still writing my YA sci-fi/fantasy novel, WANDERSKY. I'm almost finished chapter fifteen. By the end of October, I should be finished the entire novel. (I never work on more than one novel at a time -- too difficult to keep track of!)

When November arrives, I'll be writing a middle grade fantasy novel called DREAMWEAVERS. Here's the synopsis below:


I'm really into analyzing dreams and REM sleep, so this novel is an exploration of good dreams, bad dreams, and everything in between! It features:

  • A place called Dreamland where you go when you sleep (and anything's possible there!)
  • Dreamdust, dreamcatchers, and dreamwands
  • The main villain called the Nightmare King, who has been giving humans nightmares since the dawn of time
  • Other villains such as dream spiders (eek!) and shadow demons
  • Unexpected friendship
  • Fairies and monsters
  • Overcoming your worst fears
  • And so much more!
I'm really excited to start working on it. Bring on NanoWriMo!

I can't believe it's almost been a year since the last NaNoWriMo where I completed my middle grade mystery novel, THE GIFT GIVER. I learned so much during November 2018 - and realized how much I adore writing children's fiction. Time really flies!

Are there any writers out there taking part in NaNoWriMo this year? Why or why not?

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Dana

Comments

Popular Posts