Meet my 17th novel, EARTH'S CHAMPION!

After winning NaNoWriMo, I'm starting my next novel...

Titled EARTH'S CHAMPION! It's a young adult sci-fi novel in my new trilogy called TOURNAMENT OF THE WORLDS. 

This idea has been mulling around in my head for a long time. It's kind of a mix of The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, Divergent, and Ender's Game. It's my 17th novel after writing and finishing DREAMWEAVERS with NaNoWriMo last month.

Can you believe that? 16 novels finished? I can't. There was a time I never thought I'd get past one. (Anything is possible if you work hard and stay motivated. Remember that!)

I'm super excited to start working on my new novel tomorrow! (Today I'm finishing up Draft 2 edits on my other YA sci-fi novel, WANDERSKY.)

Here's some background info:

"It takes place in the mid-2100’s when the planets in our solar system are found to have intelligent life. Earth is ridden with pollution and climate change and humanity needs to find a new home. 

They end up finding a utopian planet that can support life...but the aliens want it, too. To decide who gets the planet fairly, one fighter is chosen from each species to represent their home world in the Championship Games. 

Seventeen-year-old Ethan Rand, who recently lost his older brother to a disease caused by pollution, signs up with nothing left to live for. Through lies, sabotage, and treachery, he must become Earth’s champion and win us all a new home...or the human race is doomed."

I don't write male protagonists that often. Since I'm a woman, I feel like I can relate better to female-led stories -- but this one came to me with Ethan Rand clearly as the hero. I can't wait to introduce you all to him and write his story.

This is the novel that will end 2019 for me and usher in a new decade. As many of you know, 2020 will be big for me -- it's the year that my traditionally published novel, THE DARK QUEEN, comes out with Fire and Ice Young Adult. 

I have a very good feeling about EARTH'S CHAMPION. I can definitely see my writing improving with each novel I write. I hope the 2020's is the decade I get a literary agent, and this book could bring me very close to it. I'm never giving up on my goals!

Here's to new stories!


As always, thanks for reading! I hope the last month of 2019 goes well for you.

Wishing you peace, love, and prosperity as this decade concludes,


Dana

Comments

Popular Posts