Book Two Is Finished!

First off, Happy September! Where has the year gone? My birthday is next month - on October 7th - and I'll be turning 20! I can't believe it!

In book related news,


The Dark Evolution - Book Two in The Soulless Trilogy - is finally finished. It's primarily young adult fantasy, with elements of science fiction and romance. I wrote the last chapter and its epilogue today. It clocks in at 91,000 words, but I still need to edit it and fix a few things, which means it'll be cut down to around 85k.

I'm currently querying agents to find the first book, The Dark Queen, a good home. As much as I'd love to share it with you all, I really want to see this one traditionally published. Fingers crossed!


While I edit it, I'll be working on several new projects, such as:

-Writing short stories, editing the ones I have, and submitting them
-Submitting more poetry
-Writing an Adult Science Fiction novel called GENESIS HOTEL (robots and spaceships!)
-Writing an Adult Horror novel called THE BEAST INSIDE (demons and selling your soul!)
-Writing TWO children's picture books (friendly monsters and happy haunted houses!)
-Writing a new Young Adult fantasy called GAME OF MISCHIEF (goblins and pranking!)
-Preparing for NaNoWriMo with a children's novel called THE GIFT GIFTER (mystery and friendship!)

Plus I also need to write the third and final book in The Soulless Trilogy, titled THE DARK ABYSS, sometime around December/January 2019.

I'm going to be very busy...and sleepless. (Who needs sleep, anyway?)

Also: I had a very nice rejection letter the other day. A literary agent told me my book, The Dark Queen, "was intriguing" but it wasn't right for them. It's better than nothing, right?

Remember: My debut trilogy, THE DRAGONWITCH CHRONICLES, is still FREE on iBooks, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, and Chapters/Indigo! Why don't you leave a review while you're at it? It would really help me out.

I've decided to keep it free indefinitely. It's been downloaded over 100 times within the last two months, and I really want more people to read it! You can still read my trilogy on Amazon and Google Play, but it costs $1.99 for each book. (I REALLY wish there was an option to list them for free!)

As always, thanks for reading my blog! Stay tuned for more news on future projects and an update on NaNoWriMo soon! I'll be releasing the synopsis for my children's novel, THE GIFT GIVER, closer to October, and posting updates often!

Now I'm off to eat dinner (It's Teriyaki Stir Fry night), read more of STORMDANCER by Jay Kristoff, and daydream about my next project. Have a good evening, everyone!

*Sorry for any spelling typos. I'm typing quickly because there's a huge thunderstorm outside! I better go now!

Sincerely,

Dana


Comments

Popular Posts