New Book Cover!

Hi all!

I recently changed the cover art for the second book in The Dragonwitch Chronicles, THE GIRL WITH THE INVINCIBLE BLOOD. (I told everyone on Instagram but forgot to mention it here. Oops!)

Truth be told, the other one served me well, but I always found it too plain for the trilogy. I find this one matches better with the other two covers. Take a look for yourself:


It was also created by me in Canva. Canva appears to have updated their images and added new ones. This design wasn't available last time, unfortunately.

This change will be made across all my online retailers, such as Kobo, iBooks, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Google Play. (And remember -- the books are still free for a limited time everywhere except Amazon and Google Play!)

But don't worry -- nothing else about the book changed, just the cover. You aren't missing anything!

My next novel, THE DARK QUEEN, comes out in the spring of next year. While I'm excited about my new trilogy -- and brainstorming, writing, and editing many more novels -- I haven't forgotten about the books that started it all. These are the books I self-published which opened the door to new ones -- and led me to become a full-time writer.

I plan to make changes to The Dragonwitch Chronicles within the new year. Here's my list:

  • Add a map to the books (either hand-drawn by me or created in Microsoft Paint)
  • Edit all three books (nothing major -- just fix simple grammatical errors)
  • Add Glossary of terms (in alphabetical order -- in case readers get confused)
  • Add acknowledgements to the back of the books (a lot of people to thank!)
  • Update my author photo to the one being used next year (and it's more recent of me)
  • Most importantly: turn the books into paperbacks, and not just e-books!
Really looking forward to seeing it in print. E-books are cool, but nothing beats having a book in your hands! I'll keep everyone updated on social media. There are big changes to be made -- and I've got a million other projects on the go -- but with slow, continuous progress, I'll get there!

My first trilogy will always have a special place in my heart. No matter how many other books of mine are traditionally published, I'll never forget it. Thank you to the readers and writers on social media who made this process so special. You all rock!

Happy reading! 

Sincerely,

Dana


Comments

Popular Posts