New Years Resolutions

Happy 2019, everyone!

A new year means new chances, and I'm excited to start!

2018 was a big year for me. Let's see what I did:

-Self-published my first trilogy (and it sold over 500 copies!)
-Made social media accounts
-Met awesome writers and readers
-Wrote 8 books (yes, really!)
-Turned 20 years old
-Decided to focus all of my energy and time on writing
-Improved my writing with feedback and constructive criticism
-Submitted to many literary agents and magazines with confidence
-Applied to the Vancouver Film School writing program (still waiting to hear back!)

And SO much more.

It was also a year of pain, too. I lost another cat to illness, and my battle with depression and anxiety worsened. Despite my accomplishments, the dark days took a toll on me.

But 2019 is going to be better. I don't normally make resolutions, but 2019 just feels different. It feels like I'm on the cusp of something wonderful.

I've decided to share my resolutions, in hopes that it will inspire you to follow yours!

Here are mine:

-Write ten books this year (yes, I'm very ambitious)
-Write 50 short stories (again, very ambitious)
-Find a literary agent
-Make progress in my fight against depression and anxiety
-Read 100 books this year
-Eat healthier, exercise, meditate, and be kinder to myself

2019 will be the year of determination. I will not give up. I will not give in.

I will succeed.

Have you made any resolutions? I'd love to hear them!

Just a reminder: My debut trilogy, THE DRAGONWITCH CHRONICLES, is still free! Why not start the year off with some young adult fantasy?

As always, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Dana


Comments

Popular Posts